Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14, 2011 - A different kind of interview; tsunami images; another Top 500 Badge



Whew, what a busy Monday it’s been from start to finish. From the moment I woke up this morning, it’s been non-stop craziness. As always, the night ended up with me writing, but I never seem to accomplish what I want to get done where that’s concerned. Oh well! The photo above is one of the many amazing and terrifying images from the recent events in Japan. This is such a terrible and yet ongoing tragedy and we all must keep the Japanese people in our hearts and in our prayers.

Stalker…Not

Well, today marks one week since the stalker’s last visit and I’m happy to report that there has been absolutely no sign of him since my text. Thank goodness!

Another Top 500 Badge



I received another message from Y!CN the other day telling me that I was once again one of the top 500 hit getters on the site. After more than three years of writing without such recognition, I’ve now earned three badges in the past two months. How cool is that?

Another Interview

Yesterday afternoon, while going through my emails I came across a piece by fellow writer Pattie Byrd. It was an interview with another fellow writer, Nancy V. Canfield. I think I’ve mentioned Nancy once or twice here before. She has been one of my favorites for a long, long time. Her sense of humor almost always makes me laugh out loud, literally, whenever I read her. Pattie has a similar wit and humor to her writing, as well. In fact when she first came on the scene she reminded me a lot of Nancy.

The interview between the two funny ladies was a hoot! The combination of Pattie’s offbeat questions with Nancy’s riotous answers had me laughing the whole way through and I left a comment for Pattie telling her so. Lo and behold about an hour after I’d left the comment, I got a message from Pattie. She wanted to do her next interview with me.

Since being interviewed is always an opportunity for more exposure, and the fact that I love Pattie so much, I agreed. I knew that this one would be very different from the interview I did with Han Van Meegerin a couple of weeks ago (check it out here). She sent me the questions via email and I had a few hours to digest them and get the answers back to her.


Y!CN Contributor Pattie Byrd

The experience was challenging, as I’m not known in the writing circles for my sense of humor, but I think I did alright. I just read the piece for the third time and I think it’s pretty different from anything I’ve done before and pretty good at that. So check out Interview to Find Out About the Real John Myers, Yahoo Contributor. Oh, and you can check out Pattie’s interview with Nancy here if you need a good chuckle.

Well, I think that’s about it for tonight. There are so many other things I wanted to talk about, especially what’s going on in Japan, but 5AM comes pretty early. In the meantime, check out this amazing photo of a tsunami hitting the devastated country.



Another amazing image can be found at the following URL. I came across it on Twitter earlier and thought I'd share it with you. The image is one taken by NASA showing the immense and wide ranging effects of the deadly tsunamis caused by the largest earthquake ever to hit Japan. Fascinating! Take a look at How the Japanese Tsunami Traveled.

I’m glad Monday’s passed, but I’m tired. Catch you on the other side of the night! Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. John, I'm sorry that I just got around to reading this. How nice to be compared to Nancy first of all, and second, that you thought the interview turned out so well. A little butter here: good subject always makes interesting reading. You did a great job answering the questions. Always appreciate a plug. Blogs are great, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete