Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29th, 2011: Exhausted



What a long day! At the moment it’s almost 10:30 and I have absolutely no mental energy. Well, I kind of do because I can’t stop thinking, but at the same time my mind is completely exhausted. Not that there was anything in particular that put me in this state…maybe it was just from getting so little sleep last night and also some troubling stuff on my mind that started creeping in as the day wore on.

I came home from work all fired up about something and slowly it all just slipped from my hands seemingly out of nowhere within a couple of hours. I had several things I wanted to share tonight, but I just don’t have the energy to do so right now. At this moment, I’m feeling frustrated and a little closed in, like I’m stuck in a corner and I’m having trouble breathing. I think I need to go to sleep so it will go away, though my thoughts keep me awake.

I’m starting to think I need to take a break from writing, though I know I really don’t want to. Lately it’s become too much of a distraction for me, which at times can be good, but at others not so much. Sometimes I feel as if I’m on the cusp of something big one minute and falling into obscurity the next. I ask myself the question whether or not to push on or if the whole writing thing is just fruitless. It’s all so frustrating!

I’m forced into a break tomorrow because I have a dinner date with one of my peeps. Maybe it’s just what I need to get myself back together again, I dunno. After all, this just got to me today and again it's probably just because I'm tired. I may not be back here tomorrow, though I will try my best to get my “song of the day” in, at least. There are things I want to talk about, and I will get to them eventually, so stay tuned...

In the meantime, here’s a song that means a lot to me (even though it’s a little bit o’ country! hehe)! I first heard it at a Stevie Nicks concert at Jones Beach, not long before Joe and I broke up. I remember listening to the words, and hearing her talk about the circumstances in her life that brought her to write that sad, yet hopeful song. I lived the words in my head that night as she sung it, and I've loved it ever since. So enjoy the wonderful Dixie Chick’s performing Fleetwood Mac’s poetic “Landslide,” and until next time, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment