Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011 - The Real Kona; Weekly Roundup at Y!CN; Cool Pics; A Nice, Slow Jam

TGIF! It’s Friday night and the weekend’s just getting going. As I mentioned yesterday, I kind of have a ‘friend’ date tonight with someone who I’ve known for awhile, but never went to a club with. I think the nerves are going away and I’m just looking forward to having a good time!

Kona, in the Flesh

Shhh, please don’t tell, but these are shots of my good friend Kona from Wellington’s (from the Johnny Driver series). The second is her latest Facebook shot and even though I’ve told her a million times that she needs to shave daily, she never listens to me! Poor thing's always had a problem. The second shot was from her communion day a long, long time ago. Actually, it’s a great likeness, my poor friend!




Weekly Roundup of Writing

I’ve penned several articles on Y!CN in the past week and here they are:

New Music Releases for April

Songs for Japan Digital Album Released

Keys to Life#5: Take Chances

Pop Music News Weekly, March 29th: Britney’s Up and Down Day

Guide to Theme Parks in the NYC Area

And finally, here’s the piece I wrote on Lady Gaga and Madonna that got rejected for the Featured Music job at Yahoo:

Is Lady Gaga the Next Madonna?

I wrote a couple of pieces for Examiner and Textbroker, but the Examiner ones are just informational pieces that don’t need to be shared here. I’m hoping to begin working on the new season of Johnny Driver soon, as well as some personal pieces which I haven’t done in a long time, so stay tuned.

Photos

Here are a couple of cool photos I found around while browsing the Internet this week:





A Nice Slow Jam…

Here’s a song for you to enjoy. This one’s a rap song by lesbian rappers God-Des and She. I first heard it on LOGO’s weekly countdown last year and I just love it for its old-school groove and just about everything else! It’s in my iTunes list of All Time Favorite Songs and if you like a good, slow jam, then check it out. It just might make yours, too!



Doesn’t the object of God-Des’ affection look like J-Lo? Have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment