Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011 - Shiny Happy Me


Today is one of those Tuesdays that feels like Monday. That’s because in addition to having the whole week off last week, my school gave us an extra day, which is okay because we work more days than any other district on Long Island. So not only is Monday gone, but Tuesday as well and we’re only three days from the weekend. Hoorah!

Success and Gratitude

Once again, I am astonished at how well this blog is doing. Clearly my “Songs of the Day” posts are popular, and I’m happy for that since music is such an integral part of my life. As a deejay, I always had a knack for playing the right songs at the places I worked, because I was told so often enough, and hopefully you, my readers, are enjoying my selections. I have such a wide variety of tastes that it’s sometimes hard to choose a song for the day, but usually it just comes to me.

Some of my other posts get a lot of attention, too. There are several non-musical posts that are doing exceptionally well these days. ‘Remember Me’ is one I’m very proud of and I’m glad it gets read a lot, as is ‘Express Yourself.’ Having a mix of both my musical likings and my own writings is something I enjoy doing and I’m forever grateful to those who follow the blog for one or the other, or maybe even both!



A Nice Vacation

This spring break was all that I hoped it would be. After having a literally miserable Christmas break and then an equally dismal winter break, I definitely needed a nice vacation, and I got it. From the very first day when I got to meet a really great guy to Atlantic City, wine tasting, nice dinners, Lady Gaga, and a great Easter, the entire week was just what the doctor ordered. At the moment I’m contemplating not working during the summer so I can do more writing, relaxing and of course have fun not working! We’ll see…






Shiny Happy People

After posting the B-52’s as “Song of the Day” this morning, I was thinking of how great the two ladies in the group, Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson, sounded together. Their voices flowed in perfect harmony every time. Then I remembered a little collaboration that Kate did with the group REM and I wanted to post it here. Rather than post it as “Song of the Day,” I figured I’d just add it here for you to enjoy in advance of tomorrow’s song, which I already have planned. The song is as shiny and happy as its title, and so is the video. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment