Monday, April 18, 2011

Song of the Day - Gambler - Madonna


I'm posting this one from my room in Harrah's in Atlantic City, and therein lies the reason for today's choice. I'm not sure how many of you will remember this one. 'Gambler' is Madonna's other song from the movie soundtrack to "Vision Quest" (the first being the more popular 'Crazy for You'). This was Madge's first foray into motion pictures. It was made around the same time as "Desperately Seeking Susan," and was released a little earlier if memory serves me.

In the movie, Madonna plays a singer much like her real self in a nightclub. Her only part is performing the two songs on stage, but of course at the time she was just beginning to build up steam and so I probably saw the movie a half-dozen times. 'Gambler' is an up tempo track, similar to other fast-moving songs she did at the time. Maybe it'll bring back a few memories. Check out 'Gambler':




No comments:

Post a Comment