Thursday, April 14, 2011

Song of the Day - You Are The First, the Last, My Everything - Barry White


Yesterday's daily post was all about things that start with the letter "B." Towards the end of the post, I paid homage to the recording artists from my iTunes library whose name started with the letter "B," and as I put them down, one name popped out at me: Barry White.

I remember Barry from my deejaying days. Though of course I had known some of his songs beforehand, I never realized how popular he was until I started spinning at parties. After awhile, I came to appreciate the greatness of the man and his music. That wholeheartedly unique voice is unmistakable and whenever I put him into the CD player the dance floor would always fill up and everyone would be singing along as they danced, including me.

So today's "Song of the Day" is my very favorite Barry White tune. "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" is so silky smooth you can't help but smile when ya hear it. So take a step back in time with me and enjoy the sounds of Mr. Barry White:


Barry White: All-Time Greatest Hits - Barry White


No comments:

Post a Comment