Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother’s Day to all you mommies out there! Today is an absolutely spectacular day out and a great day to spend it with your mom. I’m making dinner for mine tonight...Mother’s Day is always at my house and I usually barbecue, but my grill is not working (grrrrr!!!), so I’m just going to cook a nice, easy meal for mom and the rest of my family to enjoy together. My mom, as all mothers do today, deserves the very best!

My Mom

Joan Myers is my mom. She’s 68 years old and doesn’t look a day over 50. She’s sweet and kind and when God made her, he certainly broke the mold. Mom gave birth seven times, but lost her first after just three days. His name was Kenneth. I was the next child, the first of six that would follow, and after me came my brother David and my sisters Linda, Ann Marie, Gina and Christine. Between the six of us, we’ve all given mom our fair share of heartache and worry, but I think we’ve given her as much joy, as well.

Our family is not perfect, no one’s is, but when the chips all fall, there’s a lot of love there and at the center of it all is my mom. For as far back as I can remember, she’s been the glue that’s always held us together. I’ve spoken before about how my dad never really knew how to be a father, and it was my mom who took on all of the vital roles of parenting throughout all of our childhoods. We may not have always shown our appreciation for it, but I know that deep down inside we’re all appreciative of all she’s done for us.

Whether she realizes it or not, she is loved deeply by all of us, in each of our own unique ways. She’s the one we all defer to whenever there’s trouble in our lives, and whether or not she’s able to fix a problem, her heart always wants to be there for us. It’s the kind of unconditional love that only mother’s have for their children, and it’s why we celebrate this day for mothers everywhere.

I love you mom!

Happy Mother’s Day!











No comments:

Post a Comment