Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011 - Weekend Ups and Downs



Well it’s Sunday evening and we’re on the cusp of another work week. At least the weeks are growing short and summer will soon be upon us. I’ve put in for a couple of summer teaching spots, but the way things are looking I’m not counting on it. I’ve made contingency plans to not work at all and enjoy the whole season for a change, so we’ll see what happens. Maybe I can really start doing some serious writing then!

The Weekend

I’m feeling very blah this evening…all day as a matter of fact. It’s because I didn’t sleep very much last night, or this morning I should say. After yesterday’s disappointing discovery and ensuing bit of anger, I soon realized that this was probably going to be a good thing and went about getting ready for my evening out.

Yesterday I mentioned my new friend, Ivan, whom I was going to meet last night at Splash. It turns out he doesn’t usually go there on Saturday nights, but prefers to go to another club in Brooklyn, one which I believe ‘he’ now frequents since our breakup. Ivan came to Splash especially for me and the night turned out to be a blast. We danced and stuff for a couple of hours, but eventually he was getting tired of the place. He at first suggested that bar in Brooklyn, but I didn’t want to chance it, especially yesterday. So we headed uptown towards Hell’s Kitchen, the newest gay hot spot in the city, and a new bar for me called the Ritz. I loved it!

The Ritz is a tiny place, with a cozy bar area out front and a crowded dance bar in the back. The crowd seemed a little more local than what you see at Splash, and the music was definitely more rocking. We made our way through the very crowded dance floor towards the very back, where we danced together on the stage. We jammed to Britney, Gaga and Madonna, and the deejay threw in a couple of great mash-ups. There was no Kylie, much to Ivan’s disappointment, especially since he put in a request.



He and I danced til the wee hours of the morning, having a great time. The Ritz was a lot of fun, different than Splash, and I think I’ll definitely be back there. Afterwards, we took a slow ride back to his place, making a pit stop for a snack and some coffee. We got to talk and know each other’s stories a little better. I really enjoyed it, but I just know that for me I have to take things slowly, which isn’t hard of course because we live so far apart and have different work schedules. We’ll just have to see where things take us…

So I got home shortly after 6AM. The sun was already coming up, giving me a quick notion to go down by the water and take what I’m sure would have been spectacular pictures. I didn’t have my camera, of course, and the iPhone 3 doesn’t take good photos, so I just went home. Alas, the reason for the blah, tiring day.

I started a little spring cleaning and did some shopping. The weather was gorgeous, but unfortunately my energy level wasn’t enough to get me outside in the yard. There’s always the afternoons and next weekend!

I’ll leave you here with a Kylie song. Ivan and I are going to see her on Tuesday and I’m really excited about it, though not as excited as him. (He’s by far the biggest Kylie fan I know!) So this one’s dedicated to Ivan…one of my favorites…enjoy “Fever”:


Fever - Kylie Minogue


By the way, a very Happy Birthday to my good friend Fran!




No comments:

Post a Comment