Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011 - The Weekend


Well it’s Sunday evening and another weekend has come and gone. Thankfully there are only a few weeks left of school and so it isn’t all bad. Of course, the weekend went by fast…it always does, and for me usually it’s filled with chores. Even though I try and do a lot during the week at night, there are always bigger jobs waiting for me on the weekend, sigh!

Da Bunk Fridays

On Friday night I went to the Bunkhouse for its weekly ‘Da Bunk’ Fridays and I ran into an old acquaintance of mine from years past, a girl named Laurie. Laurie was a girl who once worked with my friend Marcia and though she and I were never really friends, we see each other once in awhile and shoot the breeze. Apparently, Laurie isn’t doing too well these days. She didn’t say much except that she was single again and I can only imagine that it was recent from the way she was acting, all depressed and quiet. I wondered what she was even doing there.

Anyway, Laurie had a friend with her, a loudmouthed, wacky old lesbian who was very talkative. She wasn’t too friendly at first, but then as Laurie got quiet, she got more and more talkative with me, and she was telling me stuff I didn’t want to hear:

Uh, ya know, I’m so horny tonight, but it’s too bad cuz I’m menstruating…”

Ewwwww,” I thought to myself. I really didn't want to go there!

“….ya know, she needs ta have a good time (referring to Laurie)…get er mind off things, ya know?

On and on she went. Thankfully the music was loud and it was hard to hear her. Still, she was literally backing me into a corner there for awhile, moving closer and closer to shout in my ear as I moved further and further back. I was so frustrated…all I wanted to do was cruise the dance floor and do my thing, but I just couldn’t lose her.



Thank goodness Laurie finally told her she wanted to go home and so they left me to my own devices. The rest of the night was pretty good, though, even though the ratio of women to men was greater than I would have liked. The deejay was definitely on with some great music and I danced it up later than I have in awhile at the old Bunk, but eventually Laurie’s friend caught my eye once again back by the bar. Apparently she hadn’t had her fill of the place and came back alone for more. I hightailed it outta there before she could see me!

Splash-Ritz Saturdays

I think I’m starting to form a new habit on Saturday nights. I start out at Splash and then work my way back to the Ritz afterwards. I did it that night with Ivan, and I did it again last week. I ‘m so thankful he introduced me to it because it’s a great place to dance and even though I didn’t plan on going there last night, the music at Splash absolutely sucked and so…

The Ritz is very unlike Splash. The people are unpretentious and the venue is very intimate. The crowd is good looking and friendly and the deejay has absolutely rocked every time I’ve gone there. His setup is right near the dance floor, so he’s right there rocking with the rest of the crowd to the music. Maybe one of these nights I’ll have to just skip Splash altogether and go there!

So that’s my weekend, in a nutshell. Not your typical weekend for a 46 year old, huh? What can I say, I love to go out and I love to dance! Just like Kylie says, “Now we know life is hard, so we’re living for the weekend.” Just five more days….Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment