Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Song of the Day - Can You Feel the Beat - Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam


Does anyone out there remember Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam? During the freestyle movement of the 80's, a lot of people considered them to be one of its top acts, though I never really placed them within the same realm as other freestyle groups like TKA, Sweet Sensation, Noel, the Cover Girls, and so many others. I always felt that Lisa Lisa's music was different and that they were in a league unto their own.

In 1985, the threesome released an eponymous album together with rap group/producers Full Force and scored big with two hot dance songs ('I Wonder if I Take You Home' and this one) and their first of what would be three Top Ten singles, the heartfelt ballad, 'All Cried Out.' This was one of my favorites, with fast moving beats and a great hook. So take a look and a listen to 'Can You Feel the Beat":





No comments:

Post a Comment