Monday, May 30, 2011

X is for Extra, extra, read all about it


Okay, okay, so none of the words in this post really start with the letter "X." It's been awhile since I've added to the Z-A Bloggers Challenge, for two reasons: busy-ness with other stuff and difficulty trying to find something musically to go with the next letter of the alphabet, "X." All I kept hearing in my head while I was trying to think of an "X" word was the line from this song:

"Extra, extra, read all about it. Wanted, young man single and free."

So since this is my blog and I can do anything I want, today's post is my post for the letter: X is for Extra, extra, read all about it, lol. This is a fun, funky song typical of the girl group sound of the 60's. I first learned it when LI native Taylor Dayne recorded it for her first CD and I've loved it ever since. So enjoy 'Want Ads,' by the Honey Cones:


Honey Cone: Greatest Hits - Honey Cone



No comments:

Post a Comment