Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pride Song(s) of the Day - Chains of Love/A Little Respect - Erasure


It's Pride Weekend in New York City and if you read my last post you know that this year we have a lot more to celebrate than just our pride in who we are. In recognition of this historical moment in time, I'll be featuring special "Pride Songs of the Day," with great songs by LGBT artists.

First up is an openly gay duo that got their start in the 80's New Wave movement, but these guys are so good they're still going strong even today. I featured one of their songs in my last post, a beautiful one called 'In My Arms,' and since I couldn't decide between two others, I'm celebrating them both here.

Chains of Love

'Chains of Love' is an up tempo ditty from 1988 that's catchy and melodic, uplifting and fun. It was the group's first big breakthrough in the US and no one who was around back then could not know this one. Enjoy...


Chains of Love - Rhino Hi-Five: Erasure - EP


A Little Respect

Next up is an irresistably melodic tune that became one of the group's signature songs. It showcases the tender side of lyric writing by the group's members Vince Clarke and Andy Bell. Great tune!


A Little Respect - Rhino Hi-Five: Erasure - EP




I hope you've enjoyed these songs as much as I did. Stay tuned tomorrow for some more great songs from LGBT artists. Happy Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment