Saturday, June 18, 2011

R is for Rock and Roll


By now most of you already know that I'm a club queen (not really a queen!). That is, club/dance music is by far my thing and it's what I listen to the most. But I wasn't always that way. Back when I was in my teens I used to love rock and roll and every now and again I still enjoy a good old fashioned rock song. Since we're on the letter "R," I figured I'd take this opportunity to share a few of my favorite rock tunes,, you know, the kind that make you wanna move with hard rocking guitars and shout it out lyrics. Check it out...

R is for Rock n' Roll



Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

This one is one rockin', good time fun!


Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Warner-Music
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Get Born


Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz



This one's got a great hook. Pure rock n roll!


Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way by hushhush112
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz: Greatest Hits


Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane




This one hit wonder is always fun to listen to...


Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway by EMI_Music
Life Is a Highway - Mad Mad World


The Stroke - Billy Squier



Billy was "da man" back in the 80's...cute, too! This one was definitely one of his rockin' best!


Billy Squier - The Stroke by jpdc11
The Stroke - Billy Squier: Absolute Hits


I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts



I couldn't do a post on Rock and roll without this one. Joan Jett is one of the rockingest chicks to ever hit the stage and this one's a classic! I used to have a big crush on her guitarist with the pouty lips....

I saw him dancin there by the record machine...


Joan Jett - I Love Rock And Roll by Dan_of_the_Land
I Love Rock 'N Roll - I Love Rock 'N Roll (Remastered)


No comments:

Post a Comment