Sunday, June 5, 2011

Song of the Day - Darling Nikki - Prince


I knew a girl named Nikki I guess you could say she was a sex fiend...

I don't know why, but for some reason I never downloaded any of my Prince CD's on to my iPod. I heard 'I Wanna B Your Lover' in the supermarket the other day and so I had him on the brain, so yesterday I loaded up all of my old Prince discs and had a ball listening to them in the process. The man is simply a musical genius, with so many great records from 'Controversy' and 'Delirious' to 'Sign of the Times' and 'Diamonds and Pearls' and so many more.

...I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine...

I remember when I spotlighted 'When Doves Cry' a couple of months back that Prince doesn't allow his videos to be displayed on YouTube for some reason I really wasn't going to be too picky about which of his songs was going to be "Song of the Day" today because they're all that good. All I did was type 'Prince' into YouTube's search box and I did surprisingly get clips from the movie 'Purple Rain.'

...she said how'd you like to waste some time and I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind...



'Darling Nikki' was one of my favorite songs off of the 'Purple Rain' CD. The song is used as a way for the singer to get back at his girl Appolonia for hanging with his rival, The Time's Morris Day. He brings the poor girl to tears and as she runs out of the building he ad libs a scream out to her, "come back Nikki, come back." Love the song and love the movie. I think I have a Prince piece or two in me...stay tuned. In the meantime, check out my full review of the 'Purple Rain' album right here and enjoy 'Darling Nikki':


Purple Rain (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture) - Prince & The Revolution


No comments:

Post a Comment