Saturday, June 4, 2011

Song of the Day - Pump Up The Volume - M/A/R/R/S


Yo all you homeboys out in the Bronx, this one's for you!

Today's "Song of the Day" is a crazy, mixed up, mash up of a song from 1987. It is known as one of the very first songs ever to make use of samples from a bunch of different tunes, which is now very common. I was listening to some dance music from the 80's yesterday when I got the idea to honor it today.

I remember that Joe, my ex, loved this one a lot back in the day and since today would have been his and my 24th anniversary, I'm dedicating it to him. Ironically, the tune was release just two short months after I met him and I can recall many times dancing with him to it in the clubs. Ah, the memories, lol!

Anyway, it was and still is a cool club song that's still easy to dance to, so kick back, relax and enjoy M/A/R/R/S' 'Pump Up the Volume.'

Put the needle on the record!


Pump Up the Volume - EP - MARRS



No comments:

Post a Comment