Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Song of the Day - Somewhere Only We Know - Keane


Today's "Song of the Day" is another suggestion from a friend. I was talking to my buddy Rich last night and I asked him to give me a song. Without hesitation he blurted out 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane. I was kind of surprised that he'd answered so quickly, and almost as soon as he said it I told him to watch out.

"What for?" he asked.

I reminded him that with me being a blogger, anything he might say could be told on here.

"Oh, I don't care if you put it on there. I think you should."

Then he proceeded to tell me why he chose the song: it was for two reasons, and once he told me I figured to myself that I should've known. The first reason was from the show American Idol a few years back. Runner-up Blake Lewis sang the tune on the top 24 show and he did such a great job that Rich loved both him and the song after that performance. I liked Blake, too, but I can't say I remember that performance with the precision that my dear forgetful friend did. (Things that make you go hmmm!) Anyway, here's a little clip of Blake doing the tune on Idol:




The other reason Rich picked the song...two words: The Warblers. You see, my friend Dita is also a big, giant Gleek, and he absolutely LOVES these guys. I watch the show on occassion, but I admit I haven't seen it in awhile. I only know The Warblers because of the video clips he sends to me. Obviously, without him even telling me they've done the song on the show and thus made him love it even more. Who knew?

Anyway, when I played the song I recognized it. It's not my usual style, but I like it. Rich pointed out the strange little extra-terrestrials in the video, and I noticed they all had heartlights! Strange! So this is for you, buddy...enjoy!


Somewhere Only We Know - EP - Keane


And if you're a Warblers fan, too, you can purchase their new CD here:


No comments:

Post a Comment