Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011 - Happy Friday - Newsday - Great News - Some Links

Happy Friday everyone! Today’s a great day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and it’s humid as all hell, lol. Really, I so hate the humidity. Living just about two or three miles from the ocean makes the area where I live very humid and it’s simply disgusting. It’s the kind of weather where I’m already sweating just five minutes after a shower. Ugh! Anyway, here’s what’s happening…



Newsday

As I mentioned the other day, my hometown newspaper, LI Newsday, sent me a message on Twitter asking for a short interview so they could feature me. I gave them my number and they called with some questions. The woman told me to keep an eye out for its publication and voila! It appeared in yesterday’s edition. Check it out.

Here’s the link to the full piece online:

@jmyers22, John MyersKinda cool, huh?

And if you’d like to follow me, too, on Twitter, here’s the link to my profile: http://twitter.com/#!/jmyers22.

He’s Out!!!!!

At 9:05 this morning I received a very happy text message. It was from Arnoldo: “I’m out of the hospital!!!” Though his sister Mayela told me yesterday that he was finally getting out, it was extra nice to hear it from him directly. Today is exactly 7 weeks that he was in there. I’ve been too busy to make any trips there for the past couple of weeks, but I knew that his infection had finally begun to clear and that they were treating him for his other ailments. I guess it worked. Thank God!!!!

Splash Summer

Two nights this week I returned to my winter playing ground, Splash. Tuesdays and Thursdays have always been good nights, and so I figured I’d take the opportunity to return there for some midweek dancing. A lots been happening this week, so for the first time in a long time it was some much-needed dance therapy. Nuff said about that, but I will say the music was slamming both nights and I danced my ass off until the wee hours. It was fun!!!

Writing

I’ve been long-neglecting posting any of my writing on this blog. After all, when I first started it that was my main goal. Next week, I’m going to start publishing a regular feature of all of my pieces for the week. I think that’s important considering my writing is so spread out these days. So here are some of my recent pieces:

Yahoo Contributor Network

Una Fiesta - A humorous look at last Saturday night's party.

John's World: My Blog - A little look at this blog...

A Billboard piece on their Mid-Year Music Awards inspired me to choose my favorite albums and songs for 2011 so far:

Top Five Albums of 2011...so far!

John's Top Ten Songs for 2011...so far!

Some NY Pride as (Gay) Marriage Equality Bill Passes

Examiner

All new "Guys Night Out" at Alfies in Patchogue - There's a new gay bar in town, on Saturday nights, and it's right around the corner from where I live. The party starts tomorrow and I'm looking forward to checking it out!

New Coasters for 2011 - Summer is roller coaster ridin' time and here are some great new ones that are already out! (I so wanna go to Busch Gardens in Tampa!)

Gather

Billboard.com's Mid-Year Music Awards - What a cool idea!

Beyonce's "4" showcases the singer's maturity and talent - I dunno, but this one hasn't gotten nearly the amount of hits I would have hoped for. Beyonce's album is absolutely awesome and this piece was my first ever review so close to an album's release.

Extra-Special NYC Gay Pride Parade - This year's parade was really meaningful, well-attended, and a lot of fun! This one almost didn't get published...they said it wasn't entertainment, but news. So it ended up in their news page a couple of days late!

Cedar Point's New "Windseeker" - Okay, so it's not a new coaster, but it looks pretty scary!

Well, as you can see I've been very remiss with posting articles on here. These aren't all of them, of course, but they'll do for now. I'm off to work on a poem I've been playing around withh and then I'm going to get on with this very hot day... As always, thanks for reading! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment