Monday, July 4, 2011

Song of the Day - America - Neil Diamond


I already knew the song I'd be featuring for today, the 4th of July. It is hands down my favorite patriotic song because it's got such a thumping rhythm and great vocals and it make me feel all tingly inside whenever I hear it, lol. When I was with Joe, I used to deejay a 4th of July party for one of the extended members of his family every year and I'd always play this a couple of times for my ex "brother in law" Richie. He's the one person I know that loves this song even more than me. In a lot of ways I miss those times, but that was in another life! So Big Rich, wherever you are, this one's for you! Happy 4th of July everyone!


America - 12 Greatest Hits, Vol. 2


1 comment:

  1. John, love this! But I have to be honest - this Ray Charles (no thumping but heartfelt lyrics!) are what we're listening to today :) Love and hugs, Michele starkey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Wt4XlXUrc

    ReplyDelete