Monday, July 25, 2011

Song of the Day - Finally - Ce Ce Peniston


Good morning! Today's a new week and it's time for something new. "Janet Jackson Week" on John's World is now over and we move on to our regular daily selections. I hope you enjoyed the Janet songs that were chosen for the honors last week. To me they're all special songs. Despite what that commenter last week might think, I do hope she comes back one day in a big way.

Today's song is one I had completely forgotten about. In fact, when I looked for it in my iTunes, I discovered that I never even downloaded it there, which is hard to believe. I was doing a semi-humorous piece yesterday on music for gay weddings (check it out here) and I thought the song would make a perfect opening song for one.

CeCe Peniston's "Finally" was her one hit wonder, even though she put out two albums in the early 1990's which were both full of great music. "Finally" is one of those songs where the lyrics are just fun to sing along to throughout both the verses and the chorus. It was featured in a scene from "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and I thought about posting that video here as well, but it was a little grainy. Anyway, I hope this one brings back some happy memories. It does for me. Enjoy!



Finally - 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of CeCe Peniston


Here's a picture from the scene in "Priscilla" where the girls perform "Finally."



No comments:

Post a Comment