Thursday, August 4, 2011

Song of the Day Double Shot - Dreams - Deep Dish/Fleetwood Mac


Today's "Song of the Day" is in honor of THE biggest Stevie Nicks fan I know, my friend Eddie. Eddie's coming up for a few days from Florida and "Rose" will be joining Blanche, Dita and I for what I'm sure will be some brand new good times. In fact, for the first time since the 4th of July I will actually be going to the Grove with people on Saturday night. It's gonna be lots of fun, I'm sure!

Anyway, back to the song...Of course Setvie Nicks has plenty of songs to choose from, both from Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist, and knowing Eddie, I'm sure he would prefer one of the songs off of her newest album, "In Your Dreams," but hey, I don't know it and besides this one was made into a remix a few years ago by Deep Dish and you know how I love good dance music.

This version, which I'm posting first, is a fantastic interpretation of the original and Stevie provides the vocals. It made me love the song all over again when it was out, and even though I had a hard time finding the specific video for it, I finally did. So check out Deep Dish's "Dreams" followed by Fleetwood Mac's original. I'm posting the lyrics below because they're just sooooo good! Enjoy!



Dreams (with Deep Dish) - Crystal Visions... The Very Best of Stevie Nicks (Bonus Version)




Greatest Hits - Fleetwood Mac


Dreams

Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat.. drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know

Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...
Like a heartbeat... drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering what you had...
And what you lost...
And what you had...
And what you lost

Thunder only happens when it's raining
Players only love you when they're playing
Say... Women... they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean... you'll know


Here's a couple of pictures of Eddie from a trip we took to Pennsylvania last year...





This was one of many of me with Eddie's finger, lol... It was his thing the whole trip!



Eddie zip-lining!


No comments:

Post a Comment