Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26th, 2011 - Facebook Stories; Walmartian of the Day: A Friend No More

Ah, Monday night! I don’t know, there’s something about a Monday night that I like. Maybe because the first workday of the week is now behind me, or that it’s usually at the beginning of the week when I start doing things off right, like working out, eating a nice dinner, and getting things done. Anyway, it’s a short week for me, thanks to Rosh Hashanah, and so instead of four more days, there are only three. Yay!



Facebook

Sometimes I just love Facebook. There’s just something about it that I get a kick out of, whether it’s having great mini-conversations with people I wouldn’t ordinarily get to talk to, reading funny posts that make me smile, and just staying in touch with people I like (and sometimes not!). Anyway, there’ve been a few cool things happening on Facebook recently that I figured I’d share.

Facebook at a Price? Nah!

Yesterday, the latest FB rumor was making its rounds, this time saying that beginning today they were going to start charging a monthly fee for the use of the site. This all had to do with the monumental changes being made to the site, which by the way I’m kind of excited and not so excited about. I have to admit, some of the posts I read had me believing it, but I was skeptical at best.

There was even a post going around saying that you had to repost the post before this morning in order to not get charged a $9.99 monthly fee. Yeah right! Any who, right before I was going to copy and paste the post to my status I came across this article that finally made sense of it all. The title grabbed my attention:

No, Facebook will not make you pay to get the new profiles

The piece, written by Mashable Social Media’s Ben Parr, reposted some of the idiotic statuses that were being circulated and then proceeded to clear the air, which of course, is that Facebook is not going to begin charging fees to use their site. Whew!

My good friend and fellow writer Sherri Thornhill mocked the ridiculousness today with a status which I reposted to my own page. I think it is a perfect way to put those idiotic rumors to rest:

On September 31st, 2011 Facebook will start charging you for your account. To avoid this, you MUST get NAKED, stand on your dining room table and do the Macarena, all the while singing ”I Will Survive”. After filming and posting it to your Facebook wall and YouTube, then, and only then, will Mark Zuckerberg come down your chimney to tell you that your account will stay free. Pass it on, it must be true because someone on Facebook I hardly know told me!

I love it!

A Facebook Blast from the Past

Here’s one of those things I love about Facebook. On Saturday, I received a friend request from someone I hadn’t seen in years. He was a guy that grew up on my block and I’ve known him since I was 8 years old. His name is Marc and I haven’t seen him or heard from him since we were in our late teens/early twenties (a long time ago!).

When I saw the friend request I couldn’t help but smile. How cool is it that you can reconnect with people in such a way? Anyway, we’ve had brief correspondence since Saturday, but I’m sure that we will definitely be chatting some more. Ah, so ,many memories!

A Facebook Joke

Now FB is not usually a place where I would find a good joke, but tonight my pal Bessie posted something that perked my interest. It began…

After nearly 50 years of marriage, a couple was lying in bed one evening, when the wife felt her husband, begin to massage her in ways he hadn't in quite some time. It almost tickled as his fingers started at her neck, and then began moving down past the small of her back.

I read on:

He then caressed her shoulders and neck, slowly worked his hand down, stopping just over her stomach. He then proceeded to place his hand on her left inner arm, working down her side, passing gently over her buttock and down her leg to her calf. ... Then, he proceeded up her thigh, stopping just at the uppermost portion of her leg. He continued in the same manner on her right side, then suddenly stopped, rolled over and became silent. As she had become quite aroused by this caressing, she asked in a loving voice, 'Honey, that was wonderful. Why did you stop?' To which he responded: 'I found the remote'

Now that was funny!

Walmartian of the Day

Mondays are going to be Walmartian Mondays from here on in. For the record, I never shop at Walmart and judging from the real life pictures I’ve seen (and will share!), the only thing I’m missing is some nausea from looking at some pretty disgusting fellow customers. Just check out this hot tomato:



Eeeeewwwww!!!!

A Friend No More

Last week I told you about a surprise visit I was getting from Johnny’s old friend Kona. Well, I haven’t mentioned it til now, but as of this moment, Johnny’s done. He and Kona last had contact on Wednesday, when they made plans to get together for dinner on Thursday in the city, but that was it! Johnny got home from work early, showered and changed for his trip into the city and….nothing! Kona simply disappeared. Oh no, she didn’t fly home or anything. He could see from her FB posts that she was indeed in the city, and now she’s on Long Island, but for whatever reason she chose not to follow through on her plans with Johnny and that’s that!

From the little he knows about her personal life, he knows that she’s always had a way of alienating people around her, and she finally did it to Johnny, for whatever reason. Now he can’t wait to write the newest episode of the Johnny Driver series…

Well that's all she wrote folks. Time to hit the shower and then the pillow! Have a great Tuesday and I'll see some of you on Facebook! Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment