Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28th, 2011 - Writing Wednesday; Smells Like Teen Spirit; Happy Birthday Nancy Lou

Happy Hump Day all! Actually, it’s already Wednesday night and so at the moment we’re all past that proverbial work-week hump, so hooray for that! It’s already been a long work week for me, with three long days so far, but tomorrow is the first day of Rosh Hashanah, and so there’s no school. I’m going to celebrate by heading out to Circus for the first time since summer and I am really looking forward to it, but first I’ve got some stuff to share…




Writing Wednesday

Johnny’s been a busy little writer this week, with stuff on all three sites. Check out my latest:

Y!CN

Rihanna gains steam with “We Found Love”

This was an article originally penned for Gather, but another writer beat me to the punch, so I did the next best thing and posted it to Y!CN. It’s all about the singer’s newest single, “We Found Love,” which I posted here as Song of the Day the other day, but had to take down when her record company deleted it. The tune is from her upcoming album and it’s one of those songs that’s got a great chorus that stays in your head long after listening to it. The link to the iTunes track is still on Friday’s blog post here, so you can preview it and buy it there or you can just wait til it hits radio stations on October 11th.

Gather

New Music for the Week of 9/26/11

My weekly bit on Gather with new stuff from Blink 182, Lee Ann Rimes and a celebratory 20th Anniversary release of Nirvana’s "Nevermind."

Nirvana's "Nevermind" is a classic album and this is the song that started a whole new movement:

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana


Nevermind (Deluxe Edition) - Nirvana


Ten New Roller Coasters for 2011

After a slow summer of 2011, theme parks everywhere are adding new coasters to their rosters next year. Click the link to check out what’s in store.

Examiner

The best Halloween spookfests on Long Island

Ah, I love the Halloween season, and I love going to haunted houses and getting the bejesus scared out of me! This one’s a review of four of the best haunted attractions Long Island has to offer.

The 2011 Long Island GLBT Expo

I went to this one last year and ended up running into some old friends who hadn’t known my ‘secret,’ hehe. No, they aren’t PLU’s, but they were working the Citibank booth at the Expo and were in for a pleasant reunion and surprise when I walked by. Actually, this was a pretty good event, and I’m hoping to go again this Sunday.

Metro Fridays come to Lizard Lounge

We’re a little more than a week away from the Grand Opening of Metro Fridays at Lizard Lounge, home of Circus Wednesdays. I’m very excited about it because I miss going there every week and I think I actually convinced my buddy Dita to come with me to opening night. Let’s hope it’s a success!

Happy Birthday Nancy Lou!

Today is my pal Nancy Lou’s birthday, so I couldn’t let this go without mention. Here’s to you Nancy Lou! Hope you have a mahvellous birthday! Boop boop bee doop!



Well, that's all she wrote for today folks! Have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment