Sunday, September 18, 2011

Song of the Day - Hurt - Christina Aguilera


Creative Bits

Okay, there's a reason for today's selection...well a couple of reasons. Of course I love the song. It's one of Christina's best ballads, to me right on par with "Beautiful," and it can be found on her awesome "Back to Basics" set.

The other reason I chose this particular song for today is because that's exactly how I feel right now: hurt! No, I didn't fall in love and get jilted overnight...I am literally hurting physically. I know what it sounds like, and I should not have put it as a status on Facebook when it happened, but once again late on a Saturday night, I fell. Of course the first thing that might come to mind is "again?" And the second is, "Oh he was probably drunk."

Well, for the record I wasn't drunk at all, either time! The last time I slipped on wet pavement while running to my car in the pouring rain and this time it was a wet step that got me. I was in the Ritz around 2 AM, and for the first time I tried out the room upstairs (for the longest time I didn't even know there was an upstairs, lol). It was as crowded as it gets downstairs, wall to wall people, and the area is separated into two levels, a bar area and a dance floor, two or three steps up.

I had been having a good time, dancing to some really great music up there and when a song came on that I wasn't loving, I decided to go back downstairs. That's when it happened! I was squeezing past a couple of people at the top of those steps and again, my foot slipped on the second step and I went backwards, hitting my mid-back area on the upper step and my tailbone on the lower one. Out of fear of embarassment, I immediately righted myself and got the hell out of there. The pain was immediate and intense, and it's still pretty strong as I sit here. Damn, and my back was just starting to feel better after last time...

I hope that this isn't going to become a habit as I get older, hehe. I'm just going to chalk it up to some bad walking on some wet floor. So much for my great night!

Anyway, have a great Sunday and enjoy "Hurt":


Hurt - Back to Basics






1 comment: