Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13th, 2011 - Writing Wednesday; Hats Off to Lisa; Walmartian of the Week


Source: Coventry Telegraph

Okay, well last week I published my “Writing Wednesday” on Friday, so at least I’m a bit closer this time. Once again, time hasn’t allowed me to do too much by way of the written word, and so I can use all the help I can get…

Gather

Rihanna tops Madonna as fastest female to reach 20 top tens

At just 23 years of age, Rihanna has broken a record set by Madonna for the fastest female ever to reach 20 top ten hits on the Billboard charts with her latest, “We Found Love.”

New Music for the week of 10/10/11

There’s lots of new stuff this week, including an innovative and interactive new set by Bjork, Joe Jonas’ debut solo album, a long-awaited Evanescence, and lots more.



Y!CN

Chicken Spinach Meatballs

This one’s a rare recipe from me, and it’s easy, healthy and delicious!



Hats Off to Lisa!

I had wanted to do a piece on my friend Lisa’s salon, Hats Off, which celebrated its second anniversary yesterday, but like with all of my other writing, time just got the best of me. Anyway, Lisa is my friend who I reconnected with recently since she recognized me from 2nd grade religion class, and I’ve been going to her shop for the past couple of months.

Technically, Hats Off is a barbershop, but only in name. The place has more of a salon look and feel to it than your traditional white-jacketed, barber pole kind of place, and Lisa and her crew do an awesome job doing men’s cuts. AllBusiness.com did a piece on the shop when it first opened, which you can check out here.

So if you happen to live in the South Shore Long Island area and are looking for a great new place to get your haircut, then give Hats Off a try! The shop is located at 606-B Montauk Highway in Bayport, a little bit east of Broadway Avenue.

Walmartian of the Week

And we finish off this post with our weekly Walmartian. I don't know about you, but I'd be afraid to run into this one in the middle of the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment