Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29th, 2011 - A Wintry October Day Stuck Inside



Saturday night, Halloween Weekend! It’s around 8:30 PM and I am at my wits end. I’ve been stuck in the house all day long because we’re having terrible weather here on Long Island, though not as bad as places to the west and north of us, like New York City, Westchester and above. They’re getting snow…a decent amount of it, too! I believe it’s only the third time since the Civil War that it has snowed here in October and I’m not sure if anybody is too happy about it…

A Stay At Home Kinda Saturday Night

Well, it’s almost 9, which is the time I usually start getting ready to go out, but I’m pretty sure I’m staying in. The city is definitely not an option, as they’re expecting the snow to become heavier overnight…up to 6 inches! I may possibly give Eagle a try. It’s only raining here, thank goodness, but it is cold and windy and generally nasty out there, and they are expecting some snow to reach here too. I’m just very antsy tonight and since I Saturday night is one of the things I look forward to during the week, this sucks! It’s one of the reasons I want to move to the city.

Boring Saturday

Today was absolutely miserable outside. I only left the house to run to DD’s for a little bit o’ my Café Mocha heaven! Otherwise, you’d think I might have used the time to be productive. Yeah, I did do some stuff today. I did two loads of laundry, dusted my room, changed the sheets, and wrote three articles, but I also wasted a lot of time doing nothing. I thought about watching a movie, making some phone calls, and even tackling a couple of projects I’ve had cooking around the house, and so I could just kick myself right now, but I can’t change the day that’s passed, only what’s ahead. Right now I just want to get out, but the later it gets, the more comfortable I’m getting with the idea of staying in tonight. At least I’m saving all sorts of money, right? It stinks that it’s Halloween, though!

Here are a few pics to make you smile:









Well, I'm off to watch a movie....have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment