Friday, October 7, 2011

October 7th, 2011 - So much to write; Metro Fridays tonight; Writing Wednesday, two days late; Yankees sputter

TGIF everybody! It’s Columbus Day Weekend, I’ve got the next three days off and I couldn’t be happier for that. The tailbone is still smarting…I just can’t get comfortable no matter what I do, but we’re two days past where we were last time I posted and two days closer to feeling better. Here’s some of what’s been happening.


Source: Institute for Public Accuracy

So much to write, so little time

I’ve got so much to write and I’m still experiencing the frustration at not having the time to get it out. I’m afraid that I’m going to lose some of my ideas or that they’ll become too stale before I get to them, but I’m hoping that the weekend will afford me the time to get some things out there. I really want to get some points in on the Wall Street Protests and there are a couple of gay issues I’d like to address, as well. And then there's stuff on Mary J Blige’s new CD, Lady Gaga and Madonna….Ugh! Like I said, so much to write, so little time...we’ll see what happens.

Metro Fridays Tonight!

Tonight is the Grand Opening of Metro Fridays at the Lizard Lounge and I actually convinced my buds Rich and Bobby to come along with me. I'm hoping that it's going to be good enough so that I'll have a nice place to go to besides the city on a Friday night, so we'll see. If you want to know more about Metro Fridays, check out this piece:

Metro Fridays Comes to Lizard Lounge Friday, October 7th

Writing Wednesday, two days late...

Here is a two-day late version of “Writing Wednesday.” As you can see, I haven’t written too much:

Betty White a club singer?

Yes, last week 89 year-old actress and comedienne Betty White was the featured rap singer on a club song by British artist Luciana. There’s a link to the song in the piece…kinda funny!

More of the best Halloween spookfests on Long Island

This one’s an Examiner follow-up to a previous article about various haunted attractions around Long Island with several more cool places to get spooked for Halloween.

More Quotes to Inspire and Enrich Life

My latest collection of inspirational quotes taken from those I follow on Twitter. Great stuff!


Source: Daily News

A-Rod and the Yankees a bust

Well, last night we all found out that it just wasn’t meant to be for the Yankees this year as they lost the series to the Tigers, 3-2. The highly controversial and many think overrated and overpaid Alex Rodriguez struck out to end the game 3-2 in the Tiger’s favor. It was the second year in a row in which A-Rod ended the Yankees season with a whiff. Hmmm????

Ah well, a disappointment, but it's not the end of the world. We Yankee fans are spoiled…they’re virtually always in it and that’s a lot more than other teams, many other teams can say.

Well that’s all for the moment. I’ve got something else to share, but I want to address it in its own post, so keep an eye out for that. Until then, have a good one, and enjoy the longtime Yankees’ theme song to end a game or a season. Just wait til’ next year!








No comments:

Post a Comment