Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 27th, 2011 - A Nice Start to Birthday Week

Last night I met the man of my dreams! He’s tall, dark and handsome. He’s intelligent, sweet and he loves music. Oh, and he’s a journalist, too. His name is Vin and I met him at Splash last night. Between that club and the Ritz, he and I had a blast dancing all night long, literally closing the latter club before heading out to Dunkin Donuts for a bit of coffee to cap off the night. What a great way to start my birthday celebration, huh? Well, not so fast. You see Vin, or Vinicius, is from Brazil, and he’s just here on vacation.



That’s funny, right? I mean, I go out week after week hoping to meet a guy that I could hang with for awhile and here we are, the one night I do he not only doesn’t live near me, he lives in a whole other hemisphere! It’s okay, though. Vinicius is a real sweetheart, and I could tell almost immediately that he was a genuinely good guy. We met outside while having a cigarette, which is something I hardly ever do when I go to Splash.

While standing outside, I got into a conversation with another dude I always see there whom I’d never spoken to before. Vinicius was standing right there and got in on our conversation. After all cigarettes were done, we all headed back inside and parted ways, but I kept running into Vin seemingly everywhere and eventually we restarted our conversation. He has the same exact taste in music as I do and we danced a bit before I suggested heading on to The Ritz. Since he’s staying in Westchester, he had to catch a 5AM train at Grand Central and I told him that I could drive him there afterwards.


Source: clubfly

The Ritz was rocking as always, but the music was sooo good that we danced straight through to last call. We went upstairs and downstairs and mixed and mingled with strangers on the dance floor. It was literally a blast! Since I knew from when I met him that there was no way I’d even try to get romantic with him, I approached the night as if we were just good friends, which wasn’t hard. Vinicius is one of those people that is just so easy to get along with. Oh, and he loves my new favorite song, “Dog Days Are Over,” by Florence & The Machine, too! Cool!

I have to say the whole night was a lot of fun, and now I have yet another friend who lives in South America. Since we couldn’t find his Facebook page on my iPhone, we exchanged emails so that we can stay in contact. Vinicius is going home on Tuesday and he wanted to go out again tonight, so I steered him towards Greenhouse. I wish I could have gone, but the mini-vaca is over.

Vin already invited me to come stay with him in Sao Paolo. I've never been to Brazil before. Now that could be fun!


Sao Paolo, Brazil
Source: fernandavanderlaan

No comments:

Post a Comment