Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks - The Life I've Led

Today is Thanksgiving Day and though I plan not to write anything today, I can’t do without catching up on my Thanksgiving Thanks. Since today is the special day, I wanted to put something distinctive here, and I’ve been thinking about it for a long, long time. What I am most thankful for at this moment is the life I’ve lead to this point.

Life is a wild and crazy thing, full of ups and downs, and you learn more about it as you experience it, and overall I am grateful for each day I’ve had to live it. I know that even at age 46 (well, for a few more days, at least, lol!), I’ve still got a lot to learn about life, and through all the ups and downs I live it with no regrets, plenty of love for my surroundings, and forever filled with hope for a better tomorrow.

I’ve been spending a lot of time recently going through old photos and reliving a lot of memories from the life of John Myers. If I were to die tomorrow, I will go into the next realm armed with the knowledge that I’ve shared a lot of great memories with a lot of wonderful people, and I hope that in some small way I’ve affected their lives for the better, as well. Through all of the pain and sorrow, times of joy and elation, I’ve lived my life to this point hoping that somehow, some way, I’ve made a difference.

So please take a moment to reflect upon your own life and appreciate all that it has given you, and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's a little impromptu photo album of my life in pictures, along with plenty of people who've left their mark.



































No comments:

Post a Comment