Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving Thanks - Photographs


As anyone who checks out this blog or is friends with me on Facebook can tell, I love pictures. Pictures are ways of capturing memories forever embedded in our minds and it’s always fun to look at them. I was talking to my friend Rich earlier, who himself would cause great harm to anyone who even tries to take his picture, about my blog post from yesterday in which I included a lot of photos from different times I’ve spent in the city. He commented on one of me that he thought was bad. It’s the only black and white one there and it was taken on the Sea Tea earlier this summer.

I agree that it’s not the greatest picture I’ve ever taken, but that’s the whole point of pictures. That was me at that point in time and yeah, so maybe it’s not the best pose or profile, but it’s me. People see me everyday in all kinds of looks, both good and bad, and so I don’t think it’s a big deal to show an occasional bad photo of myself.

Another time Rich had asked me if I took as many pictures when I was heavy as I do now. The honest answer to that is no, but I did pose for enough of them. When I look back at them now they only serve to remind me that I look even better today and to show that that’s where I came from is cool to me, so I’m not ashamed to share them.

I finally did something tonight that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I began to scan some of the many photographs I have in my house. It’s a cross-section of stuff from throughout the years of me, my friends and family, and other stuff. There are some pudgeball pictures and some really young pictures and some when I had some pretty wild hair. But they’re all a part of my life and each one of them brings back memories of my life at one point or another. Aren’t we lucky to be able to do that?

Okay, now for the pictures…


Me and Joe


My pal Vera and I at King's Dominion


Long lost Joey with Spike


Ain't I cute?


Me and my pal Marcia in Florida


I met Mickey!


Me, Joe and our good friend Madge after a sweaty night of coasters at Great Adventure


Foreshadowing?...me and my brother Dave


This photo was taken on September 9, 2001


This was on Halloween, at least I hope it was


My 21st Birthday!


The little Spikester!

No comments:

Post a Comment