Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28th, 2011 - A New Year Approaches; My Students, My Family; Writing Wednesday

It’s Wednesday, the “Hump Day” of Christmas vacation week. It’s been really nice having these past few days off and even though I haven’t accomplished as much as I would have liked, it’s nice to just kick back and do nothing every once in awhile. It’s especially nice not having to wake up early in the morning…I’ve found that it’s quite easy to get into the habit of being a night person again, so I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts…




A New Year Approaching

Well it’s almost the New Year and it’s time to start assessing my life and formulating some new goals for 2012. I’m not one to make resolutions…they only end in disappointment, so I plan on just getting myself together once again and moving forward hopefully in a more productive and positive way. I’ve got another few days to really plan things out and get stuff done, so I’d better get going…

Of course I want to get back once again to reaching for my goal of moving into the city. My house is just killing me financially and unfortunately I think the only way for me to get comfortable again is to rid myself of it, if only I knew how. Other things I need to think about is writing, of course. I’m contemplating narrowing down the scope of the sites I write for in order to get more bang for my buck, so to speak, though I’m still not sure which sites to give up and which ones to keep.

There are plenty of other things to think about for the coming year, as well. Health is a priority once again. I made a promise to take better care of my health going into this year and I was definitely more successful than in the past. I just need to keep it going in 2012. I’d really like to pursue another relationship one of these days, too. I want to find newer and better ways of meeting people in the coming year. 2011 was a dud in that department, for sure. Any suggestions? Stay tuned…


Me and my extended family, from left to right Gerber, Mayela, me, Arnoldo and Jorge

I Love My Students!

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it one more time. I love my job and the joy it brings me. For the past two nights I’ve spent some time with some of my former students and I appreciate all that they bring into my life. The Sandoval family and Max are some of my oldest students and although none of them are in school anymore, they each remain an indelible part of my life. They are my family!

Writing Wednesday

It’s been three weeks now since I’ve shared what I’ve written online. Now that the Christmas crunch is behind us, here’s some of the more relevant stuff that hasn’t been time sensitive:

Examiner

Fun ways to ring in the New Year on Long Island

I’ve got to say that these event pieces I do for Examiner are not really challenging to my writing skills, but they do get a lot of hits. For the past several weeks, Christmas and New Year’s event articles have brought in an average of 600 hits per week each which is phenomenal. In addition, researching them gives me great ideas on things to do, too! Good stuff!

6th Annual Outlook Awards: Best Nightlife Nominees

This January, Outlook Long Island will be holding their annual awards ceremony for the best of the best of LGBT stuff on Long Island. Since I’ve penned so many articles on nightlife, I thought I’d start off this mini-series on the nominees for best bars and nightlife here on Long Island. Stay tuned for more in this series.

Gather

New Music Singles from Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Drake and more

After the second week of December, the new music releases have really gone just plain boring. At least there were some exciting new singles being released last week that I could share with my readers.

Madonna’s Super Bowl set list

This one was fun to write. Madonna released the set list of songs she’ll be performing at this year’s Super Bowl. Click the link above to check it out.

The Latest Buzz on Madonna’s new album

This one is hot off the presses, with the latest exciting news that Madonna fans are hankering for. The new Madonna album is gonna be epic! I can feel it!

As for Yahoo Voices, there hasn’t been anything new on there since the last Writing Wednesday, though I just submitted the first of several music retrospectives I have planned to publish on the site. Boy, do I miss being a featured music contributor!

Well that’s all for now. Heading out to see if I can catch some clearance sales on Christmas ornaments to replace the many I lost last week. Wish me luck! I’m also going to be heading out to the clubs finally, starting with tonight at Circus. It’s my bud Ozzie’s birthday celebration and I’m looking forward to checking out the festivities, and then tomorrow night is Splash Thursdays, something I look forward to whenever I’m off on a Friday. Can’t wait! Have an awesome day everyone!




Image Source: The Year 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment