Saturday, December 31, 2011

John's World Top Ten Posts of 2011

Happy 2012 Everyone! One of the nicest things about the New Year is taking the time to look back and reflect on the year gone by, and there are plenty of things to look at. Since this truly was an inaugural year for “John’s World,” I’d like to share the top ten posts on the site for the year 2011. The good majority of them are taken from “Song of the Day” posts, which are very popular. I love music and I’ve always had a knack for picking up on music that other people might like, and so I am happy that so many of you enjoy this feature.

So check out the top ten posts below on “John’s World” for the year 2011... It’s been a nice year and here’s hoping that 2012 is even better!

#10 Happy Valentine’s Day…Not!

This one was posted on Valentine’s Day, of course, and really is just a daily memoir of bits and pieces from my so called life. I was still smarting at the time and thus the reason for the title, and probably the 1200 page hits its gotten.



#9Song of the Day – Who’s That Chick?

Feel the adrenaline, it's an addiction....

Ah, I still love this one by David Guetta featuring the vocals of Ms. RiRi. At almost 1600 hits, I’m guessing a lot of you love it,, too!

Baby I just wanna dance...

#8Song of the Day - The Quest

I posted this song back in March and surprisingly it got more than 1700 hits since. I first heard it on an episode of Grey’s Anatomy that my pal Rich shared with me. The song is soulful and super, but it took awhile for me to realize that Bryn Christopher, the singer, is a man!

#7Song of the Day - California Gurls

The great summer song of 2010 is still popular, with more than 1800 hits!



#6Song of the Day – Rocket Man

I posted this Elton John classic from the 70’s the morning after I heard a remix version of it at Splash, which I still cannot find! Grrr!!!! It’s a great song anyway!

#5W is for So Many Songs

This one was part of the A-Z Blogger’s Challenge back in June and it was a fun one to do. In posting it, all I did was look through my iTunes library to find songs that start with the letter “W,” and there were so many good ones to choose from. We’ve got Shakira, Donna Summer, the Spice Girls, Aerosmith, and many more. Check this popular post out by clicking the link above.

#4Song of the Day – Hush, Hush, Hush

This Pussycat Dolls tune is very retro and a lot of fun…a little bit of modern day disco!



#3R is for Rock and Roll

This was another one of my Blogger’s Challenge posts, and it’s complete with some of my favorite songs from a different genre than what my readers are used to…a little bit of Lenny Kravitz, Billy Squier, Joan Jett and more. This popular post has gotten over 4500 page views since I published it in late June.

#2Song of the Day – Sun Is Up

Sun is up…move your body!

The island sounds of this dance song by recording artist Inna are kinda irresistible, though I am still surprised how many hits it’s garnered…

#1Mr. Saxobeat

If you’ve seen the blog earlier today, you noticed that I posted this one as my final Song of the Day, as it is by far the biggest page view earner on John’s World.




Image Sources:

Elton John: lyricsdog

The Rest: John's World Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment