Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bye, Bye IE, Hello Chrome!



Okay, okay, so I finally realized and made the switch for good. Internet Explorer, simply put, stinks! Yes, old habits die hard, but for the past several weeks I’ve been getting a lot of shit from good ole IE and now it’s time to say goodbye to the old standby and hello to Google Chrome.

I should have known to jump to Google Chrome months ago. Several younger people who I know and are a lot more in the know than I am have all told me to switch to it a long time ago, but I guess any change is hard to make and so for a long time I persevered. I downloaded the Google browser a long time ago, but was afraid to give it a try, simply out of habit, but I’ve finally gotten sick and tired of all the problems both IE and even Firefox have been giving me.

It all started a few weeks ago with one of those automatic updates to my pc. One of the downloads included in the latest update was the new Internet Explorer 9 and I hated it from the beginning. All of my bookmarks disappeared and the page looked like it was trying to look like the simpler GC, but not quite. After only a couple of hours of toying with the new IE, I reverted back to version 8 and have had nothing but frozen screens, blacked out pages and a never ending dose of “Internet Explorer has stopped working” messages.

For the past several days I’ve been playing with Chrome to try and get the hang of it and voila, I now feel I can work comfortably enough with it to switch to it for good. So if any of you IE users have ever had or have been having annoying issues with the browser, there is something better. The folks at Google claim it’s a faster way to cruise the Internet and so far I agree. The design is definitely different than any browser I’ve ever used before, and so not that easy to work at first, but eventually it gets easier, just like any change.

Of course I haven’t used it enough yet to be able to give you any ins or outs of it, but maybe one day soon I can. Do any of you use Google Chrome? I’d love to hear what you think of it…


No comments:

Post a Comment