Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25th, 2012 - Writing Wednesday

It's Wednesday night again and it's time for Writing Wednesday. It looks as if I've only got Examiner articles to share with you this evening, as I'm still awaiting a Yahoo Voices piece to get published and Gather is now kaput, although maybe not for long..stay tuned... It's been two weeks since I've shared stuff I've written elsewhere here, so here goes...

Examiner

Here's what I've published on Examiner, in case you've missed it:



Concerts, Psychic Fairs, and Monster Trucks this weekend on Long Island


There's some cool stuff happening on Long Island this weekend, and sometimes I wish I could do them all, except maybe the Monster Trucks, lol.

6th Annual Outlook Awards Dinner exemplifies what's missing on Long Island


When I sat down Sunday morning to write about the Outlook Awards dinner on Saturday night, I had no idea where I was going to go with it, but I ended up coming back to an old argument.



Macy's Bay Shore finally coming into the 21st Century and the sales have begun

This was a happy one to write. As a longtime Macy's shopper, I am always torn which Macy's to visit when I plan a shopping trip. I've got two in my vicinity: the one in the Smithaven Mall in Lake Grove, which is big, modern and beautiful, or the one in the Westfield Mall in Bay Shore, which is closer to my house, but stuck in the 1960's in decor and ambiance. Well, they are going to be knocking down the Bay Shore store in order to build a new one and this writer/shopper couldn't be happier!

Well, that's all she, ur...he, wrote folks! As ever, I want to thank you for checking me out and stay tuned for the next Song of the Day coming in just a few hours....

Image Sources:

SFSTATION


Department Store Museum

Reader's Digest Store


No comments:

Post a Comment