Sunday, February 5, 2012

Madonna's Super Bowl Performance: Wow! Now let's stop hatin' and move on!



When it was over, all I could tweet was "WowWowWow..." And many of my fellow Tweeters, famous and not so famous, did much the same:

Wow best halftime show ever!!! Wow Madonna! Wow - Serena Williams

Wow Madonna is still the Queen of pop! Great show! - Heidi Montag

Madonna is crushing it!- Ashton Kutcher

Nothing I have watching musically has made my heart pump with so much joy then Madonna's performance #thesuperbowl f***ing amazing!- Kelly Osborne

I have no words. In 12 min, you gave me chills, made me dance, and cry. - Chris Yosef

Wow, just wow! Madonna...half time...EPIC!!! - Christiana

Madonna = perfection - Rosie O'Donnell

Madonna killen the superbowl her show is soo fresh. Wowoowowowowowoowowowowowow!- Snoop Dogg



Madonna was amazing tonight, there's no doubt about it. Unfortunately, though, this nasty war of words among diva fans came to front during and after the performance, as well. Kylie Minogue fans tweeted that she copied Kylie's Greek gear from her Aphrodite set of last year, even though Mo's garb was decidedly Roman...but that wasn't the worst of it. Of course it was Lady Gaga fans who ranted the most about the performance, using words like 'tired,' 'old,' 'sick,' or gaming on her for lip syncing and even 'copying Lady Gaga.'



Well I've got news for all of you Gaga loving haters out there. You're really kind of pathetic for hating on Madonna like you do. Believe it or not, it is possible to love both Gaga and Madonna, and like it or not, Madonna has been a huge star for almost thirty years now and undoubtedly Ms. Gaga has been influenced by Ms. M., that's plain to see. I'm sure that if she were not playing into this silly war of words between fans, she would say so herself.

I mean, things are so bad even Betty White (not really, lol) got in on the action:

You know right now Madonna is thinking, "F*ck you, Lady Gaga!" - Betty F*ckin' White

And as for her age? Ha...honeys there's this thing called karma, and believe it or not, all of you will be Madonna's age one day, and trust me you shouldn't be ragging on that. It'll come back to bite you one day cause karma is a bitch! May we all age as gracefully as Madonna.



And to Madonna fans who hate on Gaga, I say why? For copying our idol? That's kind of ridiculous, don't you think? Part of what makes music so great is the way artists are inspired and take some of what they've loved about an artist and make it into their own. Gaga, Britney, Christina and many others have been inspired by Madonna, whether musically, artistically, choreographically (is that a word?), or whatever, just like Madge was inspired by those who she listened to growing up. In the end, it's all a means of expression and we get to benefit from their work.

I own every single song Madonna's ever recorded, and I also own all of Gaga's records, and I listen to them both...a lot! Of course Madonna's my girl...I grew up with her...but I don't hate on Lady cause I love Madonna. I've got room for them both! My favorite answer to some of the hate was tweeted by former Seduction member and radio host Michele Visage:

Please. So the frig WHAT she didn't sing live!!! DONT HATE the sheer brilliance of the performance. Bitch was wearing HEELS!

Now that I've said my peace, I'd like to get back to the show. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but I knew it would be good. I just didn't think it would be that good. To anyone who found fault with it, I say lets see if you can do it better!

Rather than comment on the performance, I'll steer you to towards some early reviews that were republished on madonnarama right here. In the meantime, enjoy the show all over again right here:

Madonna Superbowl XLVI Halftime Show from A-Rock on Vimeo.



YEAH!

Images were sourced from madonnarama.com and you can check out plenty more photos by clicking on the link.


1 comment: