Saturday, February 4, 2012

Song of the Day - Next to Me - Emeli Sandé



I happened upon Emeli Sande and this song a couple of weeks ago on the Graham Norton Show. She was the musical guest on the night that Madonna was on it, and she sang this song. It's one of those songs that I loved the very first time I heard it, so much so that I wrote down her name on a piece of paper just so I would remember her. Well I found that piece of paper last night and so here we are.

I found "Next to Me" on YouTube and listened to it a couple of times, and then I immediately tried to download it only to find out that it's not available yet. Emeli's debut album, "Our Version of Events," is due out on February 13th and I will be there when it becomes available, for sure. I think she's going to be a new favorite of mine in the weeks to come.

Emeli is already an accomplished songwriter in the UK, having written hit records for the likes of Tinie Tempah, Cheryl Cole and Leona Lewis, and now she's doing it for herself. She's got a smooth, soothing voice, and her songwriting abilities, judging by this and another song of hers, "Heaven," are impeccable, too. So if you're looking for something new and wonderful, inspirational as well, check out Emeli below:





Check out Emeli's website here to learn more about the singer.

Image Source: soulculturecouk


No comments:

Post a Comment