Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writing Wednesday

This is the busiest time of the year for me as a teacher as I prepare for state tests, do some final planning, and tons of other stuff, so I haven't really had a lot of time for writing. Once again, most of the things I've written this week have been right here on John's World, with the exception of one piece for Examiner. Take a look:


The Old Bunk House

The New Bunk House

Last Saturday, the newest incarnation of a Long Island mainstay, The Bunk House, held its Grand Opening Gala. I was on hand to check out the new digs and I wrote about it from two perspectives, on Examiner as a straight-up review, and here for a more personal view of the night. Check out:

The all-new Bunk House: A great start for a new Saturday night dance party on LI

Grand Opening Gala at the new Bunk House




Who is Joseph Kony?

Last week there was a viral video going around about this dude in Uganda that makes Saddam Hussein look like a pussycat. The video is part of a campaign to make people aware of just who Joseph Kony is in the hopes that finally someone will do something about him and call for his capture. If you're going to read any of the pieces in this post, make it this one!

Doing Something - Do You Know Who Joseph Kony Is?



Fat Cats

I always knew, but this week I was zapped into reality that my two kitties, Dylan and Diego must lose some weight. I always thought it was kind of cute how tubby they were, but really it is a serious health issue.

A Weighty Problem: Fat Cats

So Called Friends

Go On, Be Mad: It's Your Problem, Not Mine

This was a piece I wrote earlier today. It's somewhat of a rant against certain people in my life, past and present, who, for whatever reason, have decided to either stop talking to me or just keep their distance. I wanted them to know that I've realized that this is no longer a problem for me and it is their loss if they choose to continue to act like this. None of them will probably read it, but at least if felt good to get it off my chest!

Music



M.D.N.A.

With Madonna's new album coming very soon, I wanted to share much of the buzz going on about it, all in one place, including some very glowing reviews!

M.D.N.A.: Fast, Furious, and Glowing!

Music Shorts

In addition to these items, I posted several short items centered on, what else, music. Last Friday was the 15th Anniversary of the death of The Notorious B.I.G. and I posted one of his most favored songs in tribute. Check out "Hypnotize."

Kelly Clarkson covers P!nk

Kelly Clarkson recently covered P!nk's "F**king Perfect" at a recent concert in an awesome rendition.

In other music news, it looks like there's going to be another Madonnathon on Aprill 1st somewhere in NYC. I just caught a quick link on Madonna's World and shared the teaser here. Also, fabulous Brit boy band The Wanted finally announced yesterday that they will be releasing an album especially put together for distribution here in the U.S. Check out the new album cover for their self-titled U.S. debut here.



Well, that's all she wrote for this week. I hope to get some things out on Examiner and Yahoo Voices in the coming week, as well as a piece for Gather, so stay tuned....lots of things in the cooker! Have a great week!

Image Sources:

Metroline


ibtimes

John M

The National

young male celebs


No comments:

Post a Comment