Monday, June 25, 2012

Remembering Michael Jackson Three Years Later

It's hard to believe it's been three years since the shocking news of Michael Jackson's death. It was one of those things that you remember where you were when you heard.  I was about to mow my lawn when my neighbor came out to tell me.  I remember not believing it at first, but then I put on the TV and there it was.  So sad!  I hope you are resting in peace Michael wherever you are!


Here's one of my favorite Michael Jackson songs, from his 1991 "Dangerous" album.  The title of the song was kind of ironic, especially concerning all of the questions surrounding his sexuality, and since yesterday was Gay Pride Day in NYC, the appropriateness of the song fits.

 

In the Closet (Single Version) - The Essential Michael Jackson


Here are a couple of pieces I wrote back then.  The first not only talks about Michael's death, but for any of you who remember, the beautiful Farrah Fawcett also succumbed to her cancer on the very same day as Michael, and the pop star's death overshadowed hers a little, unfortunately.  Check out The Day Two Stars Fell From the Sky.


Also see:


Michael Jackson: A Man Remebered

Check out all of Michael Jackson's music on iTunes here:

Michael Jackson

or Amazon here: michael jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment