Sunday, June 10, 2012

Song of the Day (and a note to readers) - Don't Stop The Music - Rihanna

Note: I'm slowly becoming very exasperated.  It seems that the folks at YouTube and VEVO and all of the record companies out there have changed their rules in sharing music videos.  I had originally intended to feature Rihanna's newest single, "Where Have You Been?," as Song of the Day for today, but none of the YouTube-posted videos will play on this blog, not even the homemade ones. Apparently if they can't make advertising money off of every single play, then they're not going to allow it to be posted anywhere else.


Capitalism, huh!  I've been posting "Songs of the Day" for well over a year now and I'm beginning to think that this change in policy over at YouTube may just force me to cease this feature, which to me just sucks.  I can understand the posting of new videos...of course the newest stuff should give them exclusivity, but a video containing the audio track with a picture of the singer?  C'mon!  I am a music aficionado and I share music I like in the hopes that other people will get turned on to something they might not necessarily have known about.  


I know I'm not a critic for Rolling Stone or Billboard, but I've never gotten anything other than positive feedback from the stuff I've put out there, and maybe even sold a few songs for them to make money off of, too.  I put links to both the electronic and CD versions of the songs, yet I do not do it for the money (of which I haven't made any anyway). 


Today's song is my third choice, as I had to settle for a live performance on The Today Show because it's the only one that could be played on here.  It seems that all of Rihanna's, Madonna's, Florence + the Machine's, etc. videos is not available for repost, and it really sucks!  Though I could simply provide links to the YouTube pages with the videos, it just won't be the same.  For now, for today, I have a Song of the Day, but I have no idea what tomorrow holds.  Stay tuned...

Today's "Song of the Day" is nowadays a Rihanna classic. Released in September of 2007, this once very hot song seems like even longer ago considering all the stuff she's done since then. But a hot song it still is, and all you have to do is click play and enjoy it all over again.

 

Don't Stop the Music - Good Girl Gone Bad: Reloaded



No comments:

Post a Comment