Monday, June 4, 2012

Song of the Day - Reflections (I Remember) - Mary J. Blige

I make this Song of the Day post with a heavy heart.  You see, I once had another family, not so long ago.  This family was big and it was loving and though it took a long time for me to become a part of it, I did.  When I lost that family, it was hard, and though I still keep in touch with a few of them here and there, it's not nearly the same.

I miss them, and when they celebrate, I watch with a smile, and when they suffer, I suffer right along with them.  Last night I heard news that one of the members of that family lost his life.  He was young, far too young, but such is this crazy life we all live.  For all the years I'd been in that family, he always treated me kindly, and I always appreciated that.  So, the news simply stuns and saddens me greatly.

I'd suffered through tragedies with this family before, and I can imagine right now that they are all pulling together as they always have.  My heart goes out to them, and if I can in any small way do something to help, I will.

I tried to think of an appropriate song to honor this young man, something reflective, something tender, and after a lot of ideas I came down with this one.  This song is classic Mary, very R&B, and very honest and true.  It's about looking back and remembering the things in your life that got you to whatever point you're at now.  I think it's an important thing, remembering, because memories make us smile, they make us cry, and making them is what life's all about.

Rest in Peace Dude!


Reflections (I Remember) [New Mix] - Reflections - A Retrospective

No comments:

Post a Comment