Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Song of the Day - Fire/Foxy Lady - Jimi Hendrix

File:Jimi Hendrix by Rob Bosboom.jpg

I noticed Jimi Hendrix's name as one of the top searches on one of the search engines yesterday and decided to check it out. As it turns out, Jimi tragically passed away September 18th, 1970, 32 years ago yesterday. He was 27 years old. Though he was gone before my time, I did have a little spurt of Jimi for a bit sometime in the 80's.

I first remember the song "Fire" from a roller coaster special hosted by then teen heartthrob Matt Dylan as it played backdrop to one of the featured rides. The music fit perfectly to the coaster and I liked the song immediately, and soon ran out to buy one of his greatest hits albums.  It is fast paced and infectious rock and roll like no other!  Check it out:

 

Listening to Jimi's greatest hits I got to learn some other of his great stuff, classics like Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary, and Foxy Lady, featured in this next hilarious clip from the hit film Wayne's World:


Anyway, I can't help, like many others, what more Jimi would've come up with if he hadn't died so young.  Rest in Peace Jimi Hendrix.  You're still missed! Check out his greatest hits collection below...

Jimi Hendrix: His Greatest Hits - Jimi Hendrix

1 comment:

  1. WHenever I hear Foxy Lady I think of Garth from Waynes World!

    ReplyDelete