Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh Sandy!

Well it's almost six o'clock here on Long Island, the sun is going down and now's the time for the the really scary stuff!  Hurricane Sandy is approaching quickly, and it's evident from what's going on outside my window.  Luckily I still have electrical power, but I'm not sure for how long, so excuse me for any grammatical errors because I'm typing at break-neck speed.

Overlay

The headline to this picture on Weather.com says "LANDFALL IMMINENT," so yeah, it's just about here.  This is far worse than Hurricane Irene, which hit us about 13 months ago.  The sounds and sights accompanying the winds are terrifying, to say the least, and I'm sure it will get worse for me once it's completely dark.  This is one of the times I absolutely hate living alone!

This is Greenport, Long Island earlier today, about five miles from where I work.

Photo: This is on Amboy Road in Staten Island.
Courtesy: Kate Amico
Amboy, Staten Island

Photo: NY Governor Cuomo thanking the National Guard Troops for their service during Hurricane Sandy!
Governor Cuomo thanking National Guard troops

Photo: This is the on the other side of Sandy. Blizzard in West Virgina. Picture from Davis, WV
The other side of the storm in West Virginia

Photo: Sandy located about 205 miles southeast of Atlantic City, NJ; maximum sustained winds 90 mph.  (Pic: water outside a home in Brigantine)  http://nj1015.com/how-bad-will-it-get-video/
Atlantic City, New Jersey (above and below)

Photo: Large section of Atlantic City Boardwalk washed away!
via actionews/Dann Cuellar

These photos from Tri-State Weather's Facebook page.

Scituate, Massachusetts (Weather)
Scituate, MA

Stay tuned for more, and if you're in Sandy's path, be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment