Monday, October 8, 2012

P!nk's "The Truth About Love" Track Reviews: "Where Did the Beat Go?"


iviewtube

We're starting to come down to the wire on this monumental effort from our Ms. P!nk.  Where Did the Beat Go? is a slow to mid-tempo track that's about cheating, from the cheater's point of view.  The infidelity was a consequence of relationship troubles, and it causes the singer to lament not the act, but the reason behind it.

I can hear planes flying over my head
Just hours before you occupied my bed
In our darkness, we conjured up sunlight
In our haste, our need, our thirst
We lost our sight
But I was inspired tracing the lines on your face
To the poetry the first time I heard your name
When I trip from your lips my heart was like a kick drum
And it silenced the guilt I wasn't raised to hurt anyone

This song is not one of those tracks that jump right out at you, like Just Give Me a Reason, True Love, or the title cut, but it is another brilliantly written piece of real life.  The melancholy tune provides yet another aspect of all there is to know about the truth about love.  Check out Where Did the Beat Go?

Check out other The Truth About Love track reviews:


Are We All We Are

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Try

Just Give Me a Reason

True Love

How Come You're Not Here

Slut Like You

The Truth About Love

Beam Me Up

Walk of Shame

Here Comes the Weekend

Stay tuned for the rest...

And you can purchase the digital album on iTunes or the CD at Amazon here:


The Truth About Love - P!nk



Lyrics taken from Direct Lyrics


No comments:

Post a Comment