Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Song of the Day - Looking for a New Love - Jody Watley


Jody Watley! Until yesterday I had almost completely forgotten about her, but then I came across her folder on my iPod and clicked play.  A rush of memories came over me, especially when I heard songs off that first solo album.  The album, titled Jody Watley, spawned five singles and earned the singer a nod as Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards in 1987.  With great songs such as the sultry Still a Thrill, the rhythmic Some Kind of Lover, and the pleasing Don't You Want Me, my ex and I played this one out, but of course this song's where it all started for her.

Looking for a New Love is typical 80's, with signature backbeats, a bassy track, and the memorable line, "hasta la vista, baby!" Check it out and Happy Tuesday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment