Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Song of the Day - Tell It to My Heart - Taylor Dayne


Yesterday we featured Salt N Pepa for Song of the Day honors because earlier this week they were inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame. Long Island is unique in that way because it is one suburban area that has produced many nationally recognized stars from all walks of entertainment, especially music, and thus is the only place of its kind that can actually support its own such Hall of Fame.  Music acts such as Billy Joel, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Deborah Gibson, and many, many others have all hailed from Long Island and have been recognized as such for their accomplishments and their hometowns.

Today, we feature another 2012 LI Music Hall of Fame inductee, Taylor Dayne.  Originally hailing from Baldwin, Taylor scored this, her first big hit, in 1987, and went on to score six more top ten hits in the late 80's/early 90's, including I'll Always Love You, Prove Your Love, With Every Beat of My Heart, I'll Be Your Shelter, and more.  With a uniquely powerful and deep voice, Taylor was a stellar performer and though she's still around making music, it's really too bad she hasn't managed to stay in the spotlight.  Ah well, we still love her, and this song!

 

Tell It to My Heart - Platinum & Gold Collection: Taylor Dayne


2 comments:

  1. Taylor was and still is a fav of mine :)
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that although the style of music she did was not necessarily my favorite, she does have one HELL of a voice! I just never cared for that overly synthesized, electronic type of pop! I would love to hear how she sounds with a more natural, simple backing behind her...like just her voice and a piano or guitar!

    But no matter what kind of music someone plays, if they have REAL talent, it always shine thru. There are several singers in this style of pop that I think have GREAT voices...Lady Gaga, Donna Summer...all are GREAT singers. Unfortunately, I just can't deal with music that is made by programming a machine...I'd much rather hear REAL INSTRUMENTS behind a great singer!

    ReplyDelete