Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Dedication


Well, it's a little after five o'clock on New Year's Eve, the last few hours of 2012.  As with any year, this one was full of ups and downs, both in my world and the world around me.  Such is life, right?

Writing has always been a form of therapy for me, and in my reflective posts I tend to think more clearly for myself, and so expect plenty of reflection from me tomorrow.  I have a party to go to in a couple of hours, so there's little time for that at the moment.   Besides right now I'm feeling a little sad about my Aunt Marion.

All I know is I do have regrets over my life in the last year, and looking forward I need to change some things.  We'll see how that goes.  In the meantime, here's one of my favorite ballads from P!nk's The Truth About Love.  Like I've said before, the title is a bit different, but the sentiment behind the song is tender and beautiful, and I know I'd like to be beamed up, if only for a minute.





So here's to the people who've passed this past year, starting with my aunt, and Brad, Michael, the poor children of Newton, Connecticut, and those in the limelight like Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Davy Jones, Donna Summer, Robin Gibb, Etta James, and the Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch.


So to all of my readers, have a safe and happy New Year.  Thanks, as always, for reading, and I'll see ya in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment