Thursday, January 10, 2013

Song of the Day - Believe - Cher


A couple of weeks ago, I went out clubbing in the city with my friend Paul. Now Paul's a lot younger than I, but for some reason he and I get along great when we go out clubbing.  One of the sticking points whenever we go out is the music in the car on the way into the city.  Now I may be pretty up to date on a lot of new music, but I'm hardly a connoisseur of the latest stuff, and so he and I aren't always on the same page when it comes to what we're going to listen to on the long drive in, which brings me to Cher.

After being in the car for about twenty minutes or so, Paul took to my iPod in search of some music he could  get into.  Usually it's a Lady Gaga song or Nicki Minaj...something like that, but every once in awhile he surprises me.  As he found the song he wanted to play, he looked over at me with a giant smile.

"Okay, you're not going to believe this..."  he pressed play.

After love, after love, after love, after love...

The opening chords and vocals to Cher's Believe were blaring through my speakers.  The two of us immediately broke out into laughter at the same time.  It turns out he heard the song at his own birthday party that his friends threw for him just a few days prior and he ended up loving it.

"Weren't you in diapers when this song came out," I joked.  Again, we laughed, as Paul really got into it...

Do you believe in life after love... 

I couldn't help but smile.  A young, twenty-something guy getting into Cher!  What could I do?  It had been awhile since I'd heard the song and of course I loved it, so I sang along and did the best head bopping I could do.  Anyway, I've been wanting to feature it for him here ever since.  So Paul, this one's for you...


Believe - Cher



No comments:

Post a Comment