Saturday, January 5, 2013

Song of the Day (for two special people) - By Your Side - Sade


All night last night I was trying to think of the perfect song to dedicate to my Aunt Marion, whom we will be burying today.  Of course I thought of many of the requisite sad songs: The Rose or Wind Beneath My Wings, by Bette Midler, Kiss from a Rose, by Seal, My Heart Will Go On, by Celine, etc., etc., etc., but after learning just a bit more about my aunt and my uncle last night, I think I found the perfect song in this one.

I mentioned in that post the other day that my Aunt Marion and my Uncle Bobby were that perfect couple, and they had the kind of relationship we all aspire to share with another person for our lives.  There is no doubt in my mind that they were clearly chosen for one another by a higher power to live together till death did they part.

I learned last night that they met one another when my uncle was only 14 years of age, a mere 62 years ago, and I could see through his strong posture at the wake that when she left, she took a part of him with her.  These two shared the kind of dedication for one another that this song talks about, and so it is the perfect song for today.  So for one final time, I say rest in peace Aunt Marion, and please watch over Uncle Bob in these future years he will spend without you, as I know you will.   I'm sure that not a moment will pass when he will not be thinking of you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment