Monday, February 11, 2013

Grammy Winners

Well I've yet to watch the Grammy Awards (I've got it on my DVR, which I will watch later), but of course the winners have all been awarded and I must say, not bad on my part!  On Saturday, I posted a few notes and predictions on the major pop categories and I did alright.  Let's take a looksie...

Record of the Year - Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye

I said that this one should have won and it did!  Go me!

Song of the Year - We Are Young - Fun

Two for two!

Best Pop Solo Performance - Set Fire to the Rain - Adele

You see, here's where I have sort of a problem with award shows.  This is a great song, but it was released two years ago!  I know, I know, it hit the charts in 2012 so it was eligible.  I wanted Katy Perry's Wide Awake to win this one, and I believed that Carly Rae would take it.  Adele's tune is better than both, but hmmmm?????  By the way, did you see her horrible dress last night?  That thing was louder than her pitch!



Best Pop Duo/Solo Performance - Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye

I guess if this one won Record of the Year, it would win in this lesser category.  I should have guessed it!  Ah well, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.  Here are some other winners from last night's show:

Album of the Year - Babel - Mumford & Sons

Best New Artist - Fun

Best Pop Vocal Album - Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

Best Rock Song and Performance - Lonely Boy - Black Keys

Best Rock Album - El Camino - Black Keys

Best Alternative Music Album - Making Mirrors - Gotye

Best Dance/Electronica Album - Bangarang - Skrillex

Best R&B Performance - Climax - Usher


Best Traditional R&B Performance Love on Top - Beyonce
Best Urban Contemporary Album Channel Orange -- Frank Ocean
Best R&B Album Black Radio - Robert Glasper Experiment
Best R&B SongAdorn -- Miguel
Best Rap/Song CollaborationNo Church In The Wild - Jay-Z & Kanye West Featuring Frank Ocean & The-Dream 

Best Rap Performance N****s In Paris - Jay-Z & Kanye West
Best Rap AlbumTake Care - Drake
Best Rap SongN****s in Paris - Jay-Z & Kanye West
Best Latin Pop AlbumMTV Unplugged - Juanes
Best Country Solo PerformanceBlown Away - Carrie Underwood
Best Country Duo Performance - Pontoon - Little Big Town 

Best Country Album Uncaged - Zac Brown Band 

Best Country Song - Blown Away -- Carrie Underwood (Josh Kear & Chris Tompkins, songwriters)
For the complete list of winners, check out Billboard or the Grammy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment