Saturday, March 23, 2013

Basking in a P!nk Afterglow


That was awesome!

That's a quote from my pal Rich immediately after P!nk's sold-out concert at MSG in New York City last night.  He's never really been much of a P!nk fan, but after seeing her Storytellers special at my house a few weeks ago his interest in her was definitely piqued, so when I asked him if he wanted to go see her last night, he agreed to go with me...and I think he's glad he did!

Now I'm not going to review the show here.  I already did that on Examiner, and I suggest you check out P!nk rocks MSG with 'The Truth About Love' to hear all about it.  All I'm going to say here is that P!nkk did nothing but cement my admiration for her as an all around singer, songwriter and performer.  The show was highly entertaining, her vocals were just like they are in her recordings, and the visual supplements to the tunes were stunningly beautiful and fun.  Just check out the opening (this vid is from her show at Staples Arena in LA.):



Though there were may highlights in the show, the true WOW factor came right at the end during her first encore.  The song was So What, and the singer took to the air as she performed it, getting upp close and personal with virtually everyone in the Garden.  At one point, she literally flew about ten feet above myhead and I swear she looked right at me, sending me awe-stricken shivers throughout my body, lol.  I managed to videotape the entire song, and you can check out where she flew overhead right around the 2:50 mark.  So cool!


Anyway, I'm going to see her again on Monday at Nassau Coliseum with my friend and fellow P!nkster Sean, which I know is going to be more loads of fun.  In the meantime, check out some of the better pictures from last night's performance:











No comments:

Post a Comment