Monday, March 11, 2013

Music News Bytes: Justin, Justin and More Justin...

Music News Bytes is a collection of short news items that I follow on the Web.  If you're into the same type of music I am, that is pop, dance, R&B, and such, check it out...


"So...basically Justin Timberlake just made a decent Robin Thicke album."

The 20/20 Experience: Free Live Preview Streaming


In celebration of the impending release (March 19) of his much-anticipated new album, The 20/20 Experience, Justin Timberlake is offering up a free streaming preview of the entire set on iTunes.   As I've been mentioning all along, based on the few things I've heard from the set, the former dance-oriented phenom has gone practically all R&B, and based on the above tweet, I'm not the only one who thinks so.  

As of this writing, I'm only about ten minutes into the hour-plus, 10-track, full stream, and from what it sounds like, the album's definitely a brand new sound for the former FutureSexyLoveSound singer, and not at all unlike the aforementioned Mr. Thicke in that it's pretty good R&B.  I'm still a little disappointed because even though I like that type of music, I prefer Timberlake's dance sounds, none of which I've heard yet.  

In this day and age of online leaks and 'presales,' I'm still a little old-fashioned when it comes to listening to stuff, with the exception of lead singles (like Suit n Tie).  With that said, I'm planning on doing a track by track review, like I've done with M.D.N.A., Unapologetic and Lotus, and so all I've said here about the music is all I'm going to say for now.  In the meantime, you can check it out all for yourself via JT's website and stay tuned here for my track by track reviews.

JT's SNL Appearance a Ratings Winner!

This past Saturday Night, Justin appeared for the fifth time as host of Saturday Night Live and the episode was the highest rated of the season for the Saturday evening standard.  Though I personally missed it, the show featured Timberlake in reprisals of some of his famous sketch characters like in Two Wild and Crazy Guys, Dick-in-a-Box and others, and he also performed Suit n Tie and Mirrors, the second single off 20/20, much in the same setup as he performed at the Grammys.

Of course, being so new and so popular, any vids from the show are unavailable for me to share here with you, but you can check a couple out on Slate.  In the meantime, check out one of my favorites from the past...



JT/Jimmy Fallon to Spend a Whole Week Together

Yes, Justin Timberlake is everywhere these days, and beginning tonight he'll be spending a whole week on the set with Jimmy Fallon, talking about the new album, and performing a song each night, among other things.  These two have great chemistry together and it should be a whole lotta fun, like this classic, the History of Rap...

No comments:

Post a Comment